Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Procrastinating

Hello blog-

I have an essay to write and I need a break. My black cat Olive is fed up with me always being on this computer writing reports.



Here she is posing like a good cat.



And here is my other cat Maggie sticking it to the environment.



Anyway, I might as well update while I'm at it. Jana is still beautiful, amazing, dedicated, hard-working, caring, genuine, and beautiful (oops I already said that one) as ever.



That's her with her nephew and one of her nieces. We went to a disappointing suns game with the parents of these cute kids, Spencer and Tina. We lost to the Mavs in a tragic defeat reported by a Suns reporter to be "the end of a dynasty" or something as this game pretty much excluded us from the playoffs.





Other than that, life has been pretty normal. I use the term 'normal' loosely since both Jana and I have been working ourselves to the brink of madness for the past few years. Jana is still working at Banner Good Sam Hospital as a nurse (RN) and picking up overtime shifts so we can save some $$ for a house... we're sick of apartments. I am graduating in May (OBAMA is speaking at my graduation!) with a Bachelor's in nutrition and have been accepted to start a Master's degree in nutrition starting this August. I am also on 3 different "alternate lists" to get into medical school (Wake Forest, U of A Tucson, and U of A Phoenix campus), so hopefully one of those schools will accept me here soon. Finally, here is a nice picture of Jana and half of my face. I think this was taken on our way to San Diego this past March for spring break. It was a fun trip, and we're also going to Disneyland here soon to meet Jason, Jessie, and Stacey + family to celebrate Carys's birthday! Woo hooooooo-oo...



Enjoy the pictures!

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Wahoo, I love when you blog! And we can't wait to see you guys at Disneyland.

Stacey Crewse said...

I'm going to second the Wahooo!!! Disney here we come!! Love the post, how fun for you and Jana to have a little break at the suns game from the daily grind! I'm crossing your fingers you decide to stay here in phx for med school, then you can live with us.....at least Im hoping!!!!

Mike E. said...

Get into Wake already. Geez.

Cheryl said...

You and Jana are so cute, sweet and hardworking. I'm hoping that you we be able to go to U of A Phoenix so you can stay close to us. We are looking forward to going to your upcoming graduation. It will be so much fun. Thanks for all your encouragement this morning as we chatting. Have fun at disneyland!